Inverter water pump recall

FYI.

-- Michelle

Fill in your VIN.

Limited Service Campaign (LSC) A0N - 2004 through Certain 2007 Model Year Prius Vehicles - Electric Hyrbid Water Pump Replacement Code: A0N

Memo: This is a Limited Service Campaign. Please contact your authorized Toyota dealer to schedule an appointment to replace the Electic Hybrid Water Pump (HV Water Pump) before November 30, 2013.

What is the Condition: On 2004 through certain 2007 model year Prius vehicles, there is a possibility that air may remain at the bearing of the Hybrid Electric Water Pump (HV Water Pump), causing pump actuation to be slow. In this condition, the temperature of the coolant could rise and become high, which will result in illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Light (check engine light "ON") for diagnostic code P0A93 with information code 346 (Inverter cooling system malfunction).

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Oh dear. Watch out for hot cocoa burns...

Reply to
News

"Prius Vehicles - Electric Hyrbid Water Pump Replacement"

-----------------------------===

Toyota misspelling the word "Hybrid" as "Hyrbid" is reassuring.

At least they spelled "Hybrid" correctly in a later sentence:

"dealer to schedule an appointment to replace the Electic Hybrid Water Pump"

-------------------------------------------------------------==

but I'm unsure if I want my Electic anything replaced.

I'd hate to be rong. :-)

Reply to
ChexMix

Is it Prius or pious?

Reply to
News

Well, consider this: Pius is a proper name (a whole bunch of Popes), pious is an attribute. I would guess that Prius would be the proper name (of cars). I don't have any idea what prious might be. The 1G and

2G Prius?
Reply to
Peter Granzeau

Yeah, my wife got a CEL the other day and called me at work, completely freaking out. She had called the dealer, who said OMG!!!11!! WTF!!! bringit in right away for a water pump replacement!!!111!

Well, after talking her down, I plugged in the scanner and found the hideously troubling code P0137: which means that the second oxygen sensor voltage remained low for longer than two minutes.

Yeah, so do you think the dealer may have been dealing a little FUD?

Reply to
Bream Rockmetteller

Reply to
ikarol55