Large rear view mirror

Anyone else noticed this? That thing takes up a lot of view space. I don't know how many times I've missed seeing a car entering the road from the right side from a driveway or side streeet or whatever due to that huge obstruction. Or is it just my model? I have a mirror that self dims and has several buttons for automatic garage door entry and such. I don't have much to complain about with this car but this one item.

Reply to
OscartheGrouch

I've the same mirror but haven't experienced an obstruction of view. I can think of a couple of reasons why we differ on this:

  1. You are taller than I. I'm 5' 11".
  2. You regularly turn at an intersection where traffic on your right is coming down a hill.
Reply to
Bill

Well thank goodness you have this one item to grouch about, otherwise the Prius would be forcing you into creating a new NG screen name

:-)

Russ

Reply to
Russ G

Taller people tend to have some forward view blocked by the rear view mirror on the NHW20 Prius. A common suggestion is to pivot the mirror upwards (I think you can even flip it 180 degrees) to get it a little higher and out of your way.

Reply to
mrv

wrote

Yes, I moved the mirror upward as much as I could (didn't flip it), and it made a big difference. I think it even improved my field of view out the rear window.

Al

Reply to
A Sherman

Ah, it pivots up easilly, and that made a big difference. Thanks.

Reply to
OscartheGrouch

Well, I always could bring up the suspension......

Reply to
OscartheGrouch

Now you're definitely picking nits :-)

Cheers Russ