Location of Fuse Box

Threaded View

I have an '07 Prius an I'm trying to locate the fuse for the power
converter (the receptacle for the cigarette lighter) located by the
glove compartment.  I could not find any mention of it in the fuse box
located under the hood.  The manual identifies a fuse in a second fuse
box under the steering column, but I can't find any fuse box in that
area.

Anyone have any ideas where this would be?

TIA

Tony B

Re: Location of Fuse Box

The NHW20 Prius' 12v accessory outlets each have their own fuse in the
fuse box under the steering column.  (Those fuses are sadly easy to
blow.)  You'll either have to lay on the floor on the driver's side
and look up, or use a mirror, to see the fuse box location.  You'll
have to pull off the panel door to see the fuses.  The fuses are
marked in the diagram on the inside of this fuse box cover panel.

They're a blade-type mini fuse, so they're not always easy to find
replacements.  They look like these:
http://www.littelfuse.com/cgi-bin/r.cgi/en/prod_series.html?SeriesID=156

Oh, but be aware that the 12v accessory outlets are power switched off
when the car is off.  So, be sure that the fuse is really blown, by
trying the outlet when the car is in READY!

Site Timeline