Location of Fuse Box

I have an '07 Prius an I'm trying to locate the fuse for the power converter (the receptacle for the cigarette lighter) located by the glove compartment. I could not find any mention of it in the fuse box located under the hood. The manual identifies a fuse in a second fuse box under the steering column, but I can't find any fuse box in that area.

Anyone have any ideas where this would be?

TIA

Tony B

The NHW20 Prius' 12v accessory outlets each have their own fuse in the fuse box under the steering column. (Those fuses are sadly easy to blow.) You'll either have to lay on the floor on the driver's side and look up, or use a mirror, to see the fuse box location. You'll have to pull off the panel door to see the fuses. The fuses are marked in the diagram on the inside of this fuse box cover panel.

They're a blade-type mini fuse, so they're not always easy to find replacements. They look like these: http://www.littelfuse.com/cgi-bin/r.cgi/en/prod_series.html?SeriesID 6

Oh, but be aware that the 12v accessory outlets are power switched off when the car is off. So, be sure that the fuse is really blown, by trying the outlet when the car is in READY!