Miami Toyota dealer tacks $7,000 onto price of Prius C

From AB

A Twitter user with the handle miami4me2c discovered something interesting at a Toyota dealer in Miami and shared pictures. A unusual two window sticker.

The base Prius C starts at just $18,950, and the upgraded Two trim normally starts at $19,900. With the options that dealer Al Hendrickson has added to the car, it should cost $20,839, but then someone at the dealer added a "Market Value Adjustment," which comes in at an astonishing $6,995. Total cost for the "cheap" Prius at this particular dealer? $27,834. Does that sound absurd?!

This is one of the most popular high-efficiency vehicles in the U.S. right now, selling 1,200 units in the first three days it was on sale, and Toyota is increasing production to meet demand (both here and in Japan).

While the market values this car, do they enough to tack on an additional 33 percent? Obviously, someone in Florida thinks so. You can get a regular Prius Liftback or Prius V for around that much. We know that dealers don't have to follow the MSRP. Still, $ 7,000 extra? View the attachments for this post at:

8618811#148618811

Reply to
MummyChunk

I was going to say this is exactly why you buy from outside the SET region.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know