Motortrend article: 100 MPG+ Chevy Volt, GM's "Moon Shot"

Apparently neither does our friend Elmo, he buys used cars

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Is that why Toyota had a loss in 2008, as well?

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Everybody had a loss in 2008. GM actually did a little bit better than most if you ignore the massive losses that GMAC incurred. The problem with GM is that they've been having progressive issues going back to the 1970s that they don't deal with, so when we get to a point in time when everyone is having trouble, they aren't as easily able to deal with it as some of their competitors.

Admittedly, Chrysler screwed themselves by taking over Benz, another ill conceived merger that did nothing but harm to both parties involved. So stuff like that makes GM look a little better in comparison.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

you have it backwards.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I think you got that backwards. Benz took over Chrysler, used them to improve their own quality and then dumped them. Capitalism in action.

Reply to
E. Meyer