MP3 Audio Options

Hi again everyone.

No. I havn't even test driven one yet.

Can anyone tell me weather any of the audio options plays cd's full of MP3 files? How about the DVD Navigation system. Can I fill a DVD with MP3 files and access them too? I know. I sound like I am fixated on MP3's. I am. It's an addiction. There should be a 12 step program. But I have over 30 Gig of MP3's and I should never have to listen to another commercial or Britney Spears song the rest of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Life is too short to post at the bottom.

-John

Reply to
John DeGrazia

Neither audio system in the Prius can handle MP3 formatted CD media. However, there is a company that makes an adaptor that lets you connect an iPod to the system, and control it from the audio-system controls, including the steering-wheel controls.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

A lower cost option is to buy a Walkman-type MP3 player with car adapters, such as the Sony D-NE306CK.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

I have had some trouble with the adaptors that convert the earphone signal into FM radio waves that can be tuned in by the car stereo. My current interface of choice is a cassette adaptor. But I doubt that any of the stock audio options offer a cassette player. Am I correct?

-John

Reply to
John J. DeGrazia

That is correct; only the upgraded audio system with the JBL speakers have a cassette deck.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner