No Waiting Now

Prius finally available without a wait

Moe

mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

Only stupid people vote Republican. That's why Republicans happily vote for you.

Reply to
corazonw3

I think that is both inaccurate and useless. I know some truly brilliant people who would never think of voting Democrat and some truly brilliant people who would never think of voting Republican. Opinion and logic are distinct concepts.

I vote Prius. My wife and I have now cast two votes totalling over $30K US. My guess is that in a decade or two those are the only votes we are casting now that will still mean anything, as the Prius and its descendants will ride the wave of acceptance to dominate the passenger car industry. 'Bout time.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Well stated! And I'd much rather disagree with someone like you on politics than agree with someone like the previous poster.

Of course, we all know that any of that is off-topic here.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Not all politics are off-topic. If the winners in yesterday's election demonstrate some modicum of sincerity about energy issues we might see meaningful changes to the ridiculous energy bill passed last year. It's possible (one can only hope) that some of these folks understand the simple fact that there is a buck to be made cleaning up the environment. Building, installing and maintaining wind generators, for example, creates jobs. Stimulating our automotive industry to produce clean, fuel efficient automobiles manufactured here creates jobs and improves our trade deficit. The problem of late has been too much emphasis on protecting outdated, polluting industries and not enough emphasis on creating environmentally sound alternatives.

Reply to
Bill

I didn't mean to imply that. Any general arguments of about one party over another are off-topic.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

We agree. It's never fair to compare what one party has done with speculation about what the other party might have done. It is fair to critique the action of any party to the extent that action (or inaction) relates to the interests of people who operate the clean, fuel efficient Prius. IMHO

Reply to
Bill

For me, pollution is secondary to cutting the embilicOIL cord with OPEC. mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

Sit back, take a deep breath, and think about this simple statement:

The last one with oil wins.

Now, should we drill in the ANWR or should it become part of our strategic reserve?

Reply to
Bill

'Argon spokesperson: "Here at our multibillion dollar refinery in Fairbanks, we're extracting 2.5 billion barrels of crude oil each day from teenagers' faces."' Kentucky Fried Movie, 1977

mrv

That was good!

Reply to
Bill

I'd rather drill than to continue burying our dead. How does that grab you?

mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

Okay, now _this_ is an example of what I'd call off-topic politics here, as it's completely removed from the Prius and hybrid vehicles in general.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

You have no idea where it would have led to. Cool your jets. You ain't the only adult in this group. mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

I'm sorry, but I'm just expressing my opinion, and I feel that this part of the discussion belongs in a political newsgroup, not here. As an adult, do I not have the right to express that opinion?

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

"Cool your jets" means allow a little more time before cracking the whip. We bought our Prius many because we felt it was wrong to open up the Artic so it could be wasted. So, in affect, our purchase was a political one. And it bothers me to know there's so many idiots out there that don't have or don't want to have a clue. The Prius is surrounded by politics. My comment was on the fring and I had no intention of continuing it any further.

mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

That may be so, but the thing is, that doesn't mean someone else won't come along and respond with something inflammatory, and before you know it, we have a full blown-out political argument entirely removed from anything to do with this group. I've seen it happen all the time, including in the Mac groups, where there's an Islam vs Christianity vs Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster argument currently going on.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

I agree completely. All we know is that it will lead us into the weeds.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

That's true. Doesn't take much to change one's name so they can jump in and not tarnish their established conservative reputation. Unless they're stupid enough to use the same computer and provider. mark_

Reply to
mark digital©