Oil Change Reminder in 2005 Prius

I changed my own oil and filter before the 5000 mile reminder went off. Now at 5000 miles, the Maintenance Reminder Light blinks. I know there is some way to reset this by starting the car with your finger on certain buttons. Does anyone know this proceedure? I'd love to know. Thanks

Reply to
Kim Rogoff

Page 122, Paragraph j of the owners manual.

Reply to
Richard Blood

At 4500 miles since last reset, the Maint Reqd light will blink at startup. At 5000 miles since last reset, the Maint Reqd light will be on when the car is on.

Reset instructions:

Page 122-123 of the US 2004 Prius Owner's Manual (Section 2-5 "Operation of Instruments and Controls: Gauges, Meters and Service Reminder Indicators", item (j) in the "Service reminder indicators and warning buzzers" section.)

page 14 of the User-Guide:

mrv

Reply to
Jerry Keller