Options that are now standard?

In the history of the Prius, regardless of where it's sold, what items or accessories that were, in the past, an option are now standard? This is regardless of trim line.

--LG

Reply to
Lawrence Greenwald

One that I can think of is the smart key.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I think 2010 has LED headlights - not HID. IMO, they are much better. Similar performance without all the complication (eg, high voltage, have to warm up) and cost of HID.

Reply to
greenpjs

Only the 2019 V; therefore, it's an option.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Without the option, do you get HID or incandescent?

My 2010 has LED, but a previous post said HID was standard. That would surprise me since HID is probably the most expensive of the three to manufacture. Maybe they had a large number of HIDs in stock.

Reply to
greenpjs

Argh. I meant 2010, not 2019.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Halogen is standard on Prius two through four, and LED is standard on five in the 2011 models; I expect that's the same for the 2010. LED stop and tail lights are standard on all models. Only the five has fog lamps.

"Hybrid Synergy Drive(R) blue accent headlamps and badges" are standard on all models; I don't know what "blue accent headlamps" are, though.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

In US: cruise control was not available in 2001. Optional in 2002. Daytime Running lights. Optional in 2002. Not available since in US, but (by law) standard in Canada.

Reply to
Marilyn & Bob

I have no idea. I just went out to the garage to look. Nothing is blue anywhere near the headlamps. (2010-V)

Reply to
greenpjs

I'm so glad to see your correction! I was worried that a time-traveling industrial rock band had assumed your identity.

[And lest anyone here think that I'm even crazier than I really am, several years ago someone in the comp.sys.mac groups posted numerous times to tell us that a time-traveling industrial rock band had hacked into his laptop Mac.

My favorite part of his story is that he further claimed that, when they hacked into it, they had done....

Absolutely nothing!

Really, that's what he said.

Okay, I'll go back on my meds now.]

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg
Reply to
Bruce Richmond

I'm not sure why he needed to be driven when he was right next door in the first place. ;-)

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg