Panic button on fob

I've searched the user manual that came with our 2005 BI Package #3 Prius and have been unable to find anything about that little red button on the fob. I assume it will sound an alarm, but how would you turn it off?

Reply to
Don Goyette

Press the unlock button.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I don't have my manual handy at the moment (it is listed in there, somewhere), so by memory:

The red Panic button, if held down for ~2 seconds, will cause the Prius' alarm to sound (lights flash/horn beeps).

To turn it off, I think the unlock button will work, as will starting the car. Unfortunately, the Panic button seems to have a longer range (from the car) than the unlock button when the signall is picked up...

Reply to
mrv