Placed an order!

Just placed an order for an '08 Touring w/ Package #5 here in a suburb of Milwaukee, WI. Said it would be 6-12 weeks.

Does that sound about right compared to others in my area or anywhere in the US?

Honestly, can't wait for the thing to come, but, I'm on Day 1 of potentially Day 120! Ouch!!!

Any insight or feedback on how the navigation and the JBL 6-CD stereo work/sound?

Thanks!

Reply to
Michael Reinders

As an early adopter (bought my '04 the week it was released), and as a founding member of the local Prius Club, I've known literally hundreds of owners.

I have not met even one that was unhappy about the car.

100% of them have been delighted with the combination of efficiency, geekiness, and environmental factors. I have known only one car to fail - and that person left something on and it killed the 12V battery.

Good luck!

Michael Re> Just placed an order for an '08 Touring w/ Package #5 here in a suburb

Reply to
Ike

Is the Touring model that popular? It sounds like it.

I don't have the Nav system, but I do have the stereo. It sounds fine.

Reply to
Pete Granzeau

Ummm - 12 weeks is 84 days, does that make it any better? :-)

Tuner

Reply to
Tuner

Call around to other dealers within 100 miles. If you can find what you want, cancel your order and buy the car NOW. Your local dealer will maintain it.

When the '04 was released on Oct 17, 2003, local dealers had an instant 6-9 month waiting list and were adding $4-5,000 to the price. I wanted a specific color and every feature, so got on the phone and found precisely what I wanted with no add-on $$, but it was far away in a community that barely had electricity, where people cling to guns and religion. I bought it over the phone using a credit card and then a FedEx'd certified check, had it put on a truck, and bingo! While waiting for the truck to pick it up, the grateful dealer did a super job of pinstriping and adding a bumper strip along the vulnerable side.

Go for it!

Ike

Tuner wrote:

Reply to