Plugs

I recently took delivery of my new 2006 White, package #7 4 original miles Prius.

When I got to looking around I found a bag in the bottom of my console with two plugs. On the bag it says they are supposed to be installed...Where do they go?

Les Mary Esther, FL

Reply to
talonewo

Your dealer, as part of the delivery preparation, was supposed to install them in the body underneath the car, to keep water/mud from getting up in there. The holes are open in delivery because they are used as transport tie-down points.

If you really wanted to, you could install them yourself, but the photo I've seen is a little confusing if it's behind the front tire or in front of the rear tire...

then again, if your dealer forgot to install the plugs in prep, what else was forgotten? you might want to go back to your dealer and complain, and have them install it. Also ask them for their copy of the dealer prep list. as seen in this Prius pick-up checklist for new owners:

mrv

Well I went by the dealer, and the service manager was like "I wish they would throw those away". Seems that the prep guys on the dock pop plugs in after they are unloaded. I saw them and they are installed. The ones in my console are put there on the assembly line.

I wasn't the first one at my dealer to ask, I can't believe somebody here hadn't gotten the same answer.

Love the car by the way. Owner's Manual leaves a lot to be desired in the organization department.

Les

Reply to
talonewo