Pops-A-Dent experience?

Rats. Got my first ding on my 2006 Prius (almost made it a full year). No crease, no paint damage; fairly round, about the size of a quarter, maybe a little bigger.

I've seen reviews on the Pops-A-Dent system that range from "works great if you follow the directions carefully" to "totally useless rip-off".

I'd like to hear about experiences people have had using that product. It's only about $15 to $20, so the risk is low provided it doesn't cause further damage.

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
DougSlug

My son tried it on his Acura and it worked surprisingly well. He was working on an area with a semi-circular dent so the result wasn't great, but with one like you describe it could be a winner.

I don't know why it doesn't rip the paint off the metal, but it doesn't. huh.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Thanks for the feedback, Mike. Yeah, this ding is on a flat section of the rear passenger door, so I figured it would be a good situation to attempt it myself. I'm not really prepared to take it to a body shop, because I know it'll just get dinged again. Maybe I'll wait for a few dings, then take it if the Pops-A-Dent isn't successful.

- Doug

Reply to
DougSlug