Prius Still on top

Significantly bigger than a Prius.

No offence, but I find that to be totally ridiculous.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Why does it *have* to be Toyota? Surely you're not that stupid to think that they're the only ones capable of making a decent car?

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Actually, the back seats are around the same size. The Prius has some extra leg room that could offer a slight advantage if you're a 7 foot tall circus escapee.

Only in your mind pal.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Only if you wanted to be completely ridiculous.

Oh, wait a minute. You claim the Prius is a "large car" :)

Just what exactly do you do that makes a Prius suitable and a Corolla not? Having driven both cars on numerous occasions I'm struggling to imagine a valid scenario here.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

From Toyota's website:

Size in inches

Headroom: 38.3 (Prius) 38.8 (Corolla) Shoulder Room: 54.9 (Prius) 54.8 (Corolla) Hip Room: 52.7 (Prius) 53.0 (Corolla) Leg Room: 42.5 (Prius) 41.7 (Corolla)

On those figures I make the Corolla offering slightly more hip room and slightly less leg room. Either way there is less than an inch difference between the two in any dimension.

I don't know where you get the 7 inch difference from, other than your vivid imagination.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

If true, that makes your logic even *less* plausible :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

And this was a current model? Are you *sure* it was a Corolla and not a Yaris?

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Close, but no cigar.

I have no desire to own either, so unlike you I have no bias.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Where did you dream that up, using external dimensions the Prius is narrower than a Corolla, unless Toyota have invented a new Tardis where did the extra 7 inches of hip room come from?

Daryl

Reply to
D Walford

"Was Istoben" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newsgate.x- privat.org:

LOL :)

You sure got that right :)

Reply to
Ron

"Noddy" wrote in news:4a610d12$0$40018$ snipped-for-privacy@exi-reader.telstra.net:

Yes, a bit like "Noddy's world" :)

Reply to
Ron

Rent a room with Nobby.

-- -slunky

Reply to
slunky

Even something like a 4-pot Camry or Hyundai Sonata would shit all over it in terms of size and performance and you'd have $15000 left in your pocket. (or about 160,000km of petrol money)

Reply to
Knobdoodle

[guffaw] Yeah I bet their Prius profits are friggin' enormous!

Also, oddly, it's always the "gas" mileage that the Prius-owners use to justify the vehicle. Here is Aus you can get a Toyota Camry with climate control and a great stereo as well as more power and more room inside for over $10,000 less than a base-model Prius. Seeing as "gas" mileage is unimportant; what the blithering f#ck would you want with the Hybrid?!!?

Reply to
Knobdoodle

Not here.

I drive a company-supplied vehicle, and my choice was either a Chevy Malibu or a Toyota Prius.

THERE was a no-brainer.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Agreed.

But such isn't the case here in the US.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

If you've read any of my stuff, you'd see that I also mention Honda.

Can't be GM or Ford. Or anything German.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Yes on both counts.

It seems to me that you get different cars than what we get.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I went by the Edmunds site.

But now I'm on Toyota's site. Toyota agrees: rear hip room on the Corolla is 43in, on the Prius is 51in.

Can you dispute those numbers?

I'm not dreaming anything up. You are.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty