Prius Tire Tuning

Well, at least you're being honest with the people.

For once.

So you DON'T care about braking performance of the tires. You DO care about...what? Trying to make yourself look like some know-it-all about the Prius with all your pretty charts and graphs? Charts and graphs that you have admitted have nothing to do with facts and everything to do with your fantasy world?

Facts. When asked for them, you choose not to give them--because that might upset your fantasy world.

You know, you can't pick and choose the facts. They are what they are. Facts aren't obligated to preserve your fantasy world.

Come on, do tell us MORE about how you don't care about the facts.

The tires do something, the car does something, the physics do WHAT?

You've made the claim; now it's up to YOU to put up some facts and data. No, it's not "everything is as *I* say it is unless someone else can prove me wrong, la de da" as you say. You claim it, now YOU back it up.

Or are you saying that your claiming it makes it de facto the truth? Is that what you're saying, Bob?

You have no idea whether or not it "stops like it did before" because you haven't measured braking distance, either before OR after tire changes. You just like to make claims out of thin air, and you HATE it when someone calls you on it and asks you to back up your claims.

What, your pretty charts and graphs not doing you any good right now? You claim to have all SORTS of data on fuel economy--but that same "scientific method" you use is suddenly useless or invalid when it comes to actual data on braking performance across tires?

So you just declare what you say to be factual, eh?

Go ahead, bring something to the party. You won't--and that will tell all about YOU.

Again.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

SURE, bob. SURE.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Glad to contribute. I have seen prior mention of steering/hunting and tracking/wandering issues, the attempted cure for which are aftermarket strut and chassis stiffening braces. Increasing rotational inertia via tire sizing and profile could be a more direct as well as less radical solution.

Reply to
News

Den 19.05.2011 16:35, skrev Elmo P. Shagnasty:

LOL, why would he give you data of any kind. You don't believe him anyway.

hPSa

Reply to
hPSa

Oh, I get it. Mr. Charts and Graphs doesn't have to provide actual data, yet the world is supposed to believe him.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Except for when you don't--like with braking performance. You provide no data about braking performance on different tires, yet you happily claim that there is no difference--simply because "you say so".

That puts all of your "data" to question.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

...which has nothing at ALL to do with braking performance, which you declare to be "the same" despite your total lack of data--

--and then you demand that if the world doesn't like your declaration, it's up to the world to prove you wrong.

Yeah, bob. Sure.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Show us again, bob, where is your data regarding actual braking distances--and not just your claims that "well, the car braked"?

We're still waiting for your actual data that PROVES what you claim.

What, no charts and graphs?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

The question was, Bob, do you have actual data to back up your claim that braking distance/performance is unaffected by changing tire sizes?

You don't. All you can say is that they "worked just fine". No data whatsoever.

Is that what your pretty charts and graphs are full of? Random "I say so therefore it is" numbers?

Certainly if some numbers show up that you don't like, you simply ignore them. That seems to be how you do things.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

The question was, where are your data concerning braking distance?

The data beyond "it brakes just fine"?

The funny thing is, you have refused to acknowledge that "it brakes just fine" isn't actual data, instead insisting that "it brakes just fine" is actual data.

Apparently, that's what you mean by "you have the tools and skills to measure braking distance".

"It brakes just fine." Mr. Factual strikes again.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty