PRIUS wins Drive People's Choice Award 2009

And it competed in the MEDIUM sized car awards despite idiots here claiming it was a small car.

Enjoy!! :)

Reply to
Lu R

Consumer Reports does not list it as a small car; it lists it as a family sedan. The United States Environment Protection Agency lists it as a midsize car.

Get the f*ck over it.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

It maybe as heavy as a mid-sized car, but the interior is not conducive for comfort when seating 5.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

A Camry is a mid sized car. A Prius is the same size as a Laser, and unless you're going to tell me a Laser is a mid sized car also that'd make one

*small* in my books.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Have you ever sat 5 people in it?

Three kids can sit *comfortably* abreast in the back seat.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I've never seen it referred to as a small car in this country so I don't know where your getting that from.

Reply to
Clocky

So what does that make Barina sized cars, "really small cars"?

Camry is a mid-sized family sedan like the 380 was, Laser, Corolla and Astra sized cars are mid-sized vehicles and then you have the small shit.

Reply to
Clocky

Commodore and Falcon are large. Camry/Avalon/Aurion/380 are mid sized. Laser/Corolla/Astra/Prius are small. Barina/Getz/Jazz et all are micro or light.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

You probably won't ever see them classified as a "small car" anywhere, as Hybrids tend to be whacked in their own class regardless of size. However, in a physical sense, the Prius is in the size class of a Corolla or Civic.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

That's right,...KIDs! :-)

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Still a piece of shit regardless.

Reply to
II

I've had two adults in front, two adults and one child in back, and one child in the hatch. Technically it's a seven passenger since there was room for another child in the hatch had the dog not been along.

Reply to
Randy Gabelung

There *is* no Corolla that's as big as a Prius.

Next.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

My Corolla Wagon is bigger, and has a better return on investment as well as better highway speed economy :-) Oh and it cost me $20,000 less to buy new.

Reply to
Atheist Chaplain

UIh-huh.... You've seen a Toyota Camry, right?

Some of my most valued friends are Amercians. The clue here is that they're

*not* gun toting redneck fuckwits like you are.

Americans, by and large, can fall into whatever category they like. They have to be the most ignorant, self absorbed race on earth with a few exceptions.

Clearly you know very few Australians :)

Good.

Piss off and drive around in your mixmaster in the misguided belief that it's a Chevy Impala. The rest of us will continue to think you're a f****it.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

So, what do you do with the extra three inches of boot space in the Prius?

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

"Don't get me wrong; some of my best friends are Jews."

You certainly are a clueless f****it. I haven't touched a gun, let alone toted one, since 1983. And I had no choice about it back then because I was in the army. Born and raised in New York City, retired as a software quality assurance test engineer: not anywhere near being a redneck.

Yup, as I said, you are a full-blown bigot.

More stereotyping from you.

You don't think, period.

Sod off; I hear your mother barking for you to go home.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

It's not just the boot space. It's also the width. It's ALSO a back seat with HUGE leg room compared to just about anything in that class, leg room that takes it a major step above the cramped interior of the Corolla.

But facts get in your way, so...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Your Corolla wagon is narrower, with tighter seating across and smaller front seats, AND the leg room in the back seat area is MUCH less than in the Prius.

Next.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty