Pulling a trailer with your Prius

Do any of you have a hitch on your Prius and pull a small trailer with it?

My second vehicle is a ford van and I am thinking of getting rid of it and just get a small trailer to do any hauling I need to do. It would mostly be a few pieces of plywood or drywall or maybe an appliance like a washer or dryer.

If I wind up getting a Prius when I get a new car, it will probably handle that ok, won't it?

David

Reply to
hibb

According to Toyota, it won't.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Here in the UK the Prius Owner's Manual very definitely says that you should NOT tow with a Prius. It doesn't say why, though. If you do and you bust something I guess your warrantee will be invalidated.......

Chas

Reply to
Chas Gill

Well, I guess I had better hang on to the van, then.

Thanks, David

Reply to
hibb

Or like I do: The neighboors van

Pieter

Reply to
PbrGro

I have one with my NHW11 and use it for light weight but oversized loads. No problem but then I'm not trying to move a house cross-country.

I've also towed a small jon boat and motor.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson