question about roofrack

Hi,

I could use a bit more space in the holidays. A roofrack and a box (Thule) would do the trick.

Until now I've only seen a roofrack that can be bought at the Toyota dealer, but none at Halfords that fits. Is this roofrack so special that only Toyota can sell it to me for a high price or has anyone found a reliable substitute.

Thanks King

Reply to
king

Halfords do a Thule rack and box that fits the Prius - I know this cos I just fitted it! You might have to go to one of the bigger Halfords stores to find this stuff - but it is freely available on the Halfords web site.

You need to ask for Thule parts no: -

762 (standard) or 862 (Aerodynamic) bar set. 750 Roof adaptor kit 1345 Fitting Kit - this last item will need to be ordered in - only takes a day or so.

They fitted mine for me in about 10 minutes at no cost.

The box was a Halfords (actually a re-badged Thule) 470 litre EXODUS in nice, glossy black - same as the car. It all looks rather smart when mounted on the roof and cost around 370 UK pounds all in. The box can handle 60 kgs - although I don't intend to load it anything like that much.

PS if anyone knows I'd love to know what the maximum roof loading is for the Prius - I can't find a reference to it anywhere.

Chas

Reply to
Chas Gill

"Chas Gill" schreef in bericht news:P snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Chas,

Many thanks for this excellent advise. I will check it out at my local store (they can order anything). I also have a black so thanks again. When you see me drive the M1.....honk!!!

Cheers King

Reply to
king