rear view camera on 2005 Prius

Has anybody installed a rear view camera on a 2005 Prius? I feel the need of this device due to the very poor rear vision of the car (I have a 2 years old grand son that is always running in inappropriate places...) I installed the CAN Bus Reader by Hybridinterfaces and that box, according to its seller, allows to install a NTSC camera,together with a NTSC to RGB converter. I am asking if somebody can suggest the proper mini - micro camera. Looking at the Prius upper, left frame of the driving plate, it seems that the camera installed on the Lexus could be appropriate. Does somebody has the same problem?

Reply to
Claudio

You can find a kit for doing this at

A Sherman

My father in law bought a camera in a license place kit with monitor run to the dash. Color. Nice. Very reasonable

Reply to
BobDavis

I saw a camera kit for $89 or $99 at Costco recently. Don't know if it's any good or not but it looked OK. Sure cheaper than $375. BTW, I drove a 2006 or 7 Prius w/ factory reverse gear camera...great idea.

Tom Seattle

Reply to
I Love Edsels

I was given the $89 camera kit for Christmas (from local BJ's), and spent a few hours installing it on my 2005 Prius the next day. Wiring was a bit tedious, but the accompanying directions and Prius camera installation information on the 'net was more than helpful. Camera power comes from backup light power, and transmits wirelessly to the receiver (stuck on the dash), which is powered by the 12V socket by the passenger's feet.

It's not a $400 system, by any means, but it work just fine for me. Have at it!

John New Hampshire

Reply to
pakman