Recall letter?

Not me. Received mine in February and it was beyond the recall number range.

Reply to
Bill

Article in LA Times a few weeks back said that early 2005 Prius owners of which I'm one would get a recall letter at the end of October. Didn't get mine. Did anybody get one yet?

Neil R

Reply to
Neil Rutman

"February"? That must have been for one of the TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins). The new recall concerns stalling while in motion. Toyota told me that they started sending recall letters on 26 October. Be patient.

Reply to
richard schumacher

I didn't state that clearly. I receive my 2005 Prius in February (not a recall notice) and my VIN is beyond the range of numbers posted in another thread in this group. I suppose my Prius was manufactured in the third or fourth month of that model/year.

Reply to
Bill

Got a recall postcard from the dealer I've been using for service. On October 27, 2005 I left the car for them to apply the fix and got $0.00 charge when I picked it up (as I expected). I got the postcard the previous week.

Reply to
NeoPhyte_Rep

I live in NJ and just received mine. I had already had the software update and dielectric grease applied two weeks ago when I brought the car in for an oil change.

Reply to
Jonathan Kaplan

I called toyota - they said the letters should be sent out late October

- early November

Reply to
flosky

I got my official Toyota "SSC 50P - 2004 THROUGH EARLY 2005 PRIUS ECM UPDATE" notice on Saturday, November 5, 2005.

Reply to
NeoPhyte_Rep

Apologies if this is duplicated - I think I clicked reply to sender instead of to group. Friday my wife was driving the car when it stalled. All th ewarning lights were on and the screen read problem. She was able to make it home but without any real pickup. I got home about the same time, opened the mail and guess what - there was the recall letter. When we restarted the car it was fine so we dropped it off at the dealer on our way out of town for the weekend. (We did want to take the Prius) Saturday got a call from the dealer saying that everything went blank as they were scanning?? So today we got a loaner for a few days while they wait for a new scanner from California. David

Reply to
DAVID KUPERSMITH