Service Agreement...

When we purchased our 2004 Prius in July we also purchased the service maintenance agreement. This maintenance agreement provides you with all of your oil and filter changes, tire rotations, major check-ups, etc. I don't remember right now what we paid for it but it wasn't cheap.

A friend had recently purchased the same kind of agreement for a new motorhome. He bought the motorhome in South Dakota and when he took it to the nearest Iowa dealer, they wouldn't honor the agreement.

This gave me great concern as my Prius purchase was a similar situation - purchased in Colorado - we live in Iowa.

So, I called the dealer in Colorado where we bought the car and they assured me that the Iowa dealership would perform the maintenance as per the agreement.

Still uneasy, I called Toyota and the voice on the other end of the phone told me the same thing, essentially that it was in the Iowa dealer's interest to honor the agreement. He would be paid by Toyota as it is a Toyota plan, not a dealer plan. If the local dealer would not honor the agreement they (Toyota) wanted to know about it but the voice admitted that they could not force the local dealer to honor it.

So...making a very long story as short as possible, I went in for my

5000 L.O.F. and tire rotation today. Handed the service manager the 5000 mile coupon. He asked me to wait in the customer lobby. I waited around 40 minutes. Signed a slip saying I had received the recorded service and I was on my way.

All that worrying for nothing... ;-(

Larry Morphew '55 Studebaker Commander '04 Toyota Prius

Reply to
Larry Morphew