taking delivery this week!

I'm getting an '06 White Prius this week! I'd appreciate any advice for a new owner. Thanks

Reply to
terrie48

Don't gloat when you sitting at a stop light with your engine shut down, listening to the gas guzzlers around you burning up precious fuel. That could lead to road rage.

When I got my '05 just about a year ago, I started down a path that has dramatically changed the way I drive. Ever mindful of the mileage I'm getting, I compete with myself for improvement. I believe my self-imposed

55 mph speed limit has saved me a couple tanks of gas by now. I'll never understand why we haven't rolled the limit back to 55 considering demand is starting to outpace production.
Reply to
Bill

Sure. I'm a relative newbie, but... Be careful not to overfill the gas tank. Be careful that the folks who change the oil don't over fill that. Take it easy when you accelerate until the car is broken in.... If you have the nav screen, try to watch your mpg instead of playing with the map all the time. It is a good reminder of how to alter things a bit to get the best mileage. Probably more that I didn't have to think about. Have fun!

Reply to
Jean B.