Tire recommedation?

A friend is replacing tires on her 2005 Prius. We've looked around Tire Rack. I'm just wondering whether folks here have recommendations.

Thanks.

Regards,

Anthony Giorgianni For everyone's benefit, please post back to the group.

Reply to
Anthony Giorgianni

Does your friend live where there is lots of snow and ice?

Reply to
Was Istoben

I recommend staying away from Toyos. They lower gas mileage.

Reply to
OscartheGrouch

Some time ago there were 4 low resistance tires listed on this net. I went to my Patterson Toyota dealer and said I want one set of tires on the list. They said they had one equal to them. Thinking that Toyota had enough sense to advise their dealers of the importance of "Low Resistance", I stupidly let them put them on. They were Bridgeport's. After a month of 10mpg lower mileage I went back and complained, explaining that I thought they should have known better. So they exchanged them for Goodyear's. They apparently didn't get the message, but at least now I get only 5mpg lower mileage. I threw away the list or I'd go back and jam it down their throats. Such is life.

Reply to
Mr Ed

There are those who badmouth the OE (Original Equipment) Goodyear Integrity tires but IMO they seem to be an outstanding replacement option. Is not the longest lasting tire. Is not the highest traction tire. Perhaps is the best MPG tire. Price is very reasonable at Tire Rack.

Visting a friend in CA last weekend, noticed his 2007 Prius with 43k miles looks like his original Goodyear Integrity tires will go at least

50k. Very little rain there so he might take them all the way to the wear bars before replacement, and that might be 60k.

His tire pressure gets checked every time the tires are rotated and/or oil changed. :-( Suggested he try 42 psi front and 40 rear rather than the 35 we found. Rides a bit worse with higher pressure, but MPG increases. And usually the wear bars show on on outer tread long before the inner treads. This higher pressure helps even the wear.

Reply to
David Kelly

Thanks for the reply.

We're in northern Westchester County New York

Regards,, Anthony Giorgianni

Reply to
Anthony Giorgianni

Oh, she has pressure monitoring valve stems? On a 2005? I didn't realize that/.

Regards,, Anth> A friend is replacing tires on her 2005 Prius. We've looked around Tire > Rack. I'm

Reply to
Anthony Giorgianni

Thanks everyone for the advice. Look like she's going with Michelin HydroEdge, which I think is more ire than she needs (very highly rated) But she negotatiated a really good.

Thanks again.

Regards,, Anthony Giorgianni

Reply to
Anthony Giorgianni

Nokian has some very nice all season tires. Lots of good reports on these in other Prius groups.

Reply to
Was Istoben