Twitchy Handling

I have 2004 Prius and have notched up 24000 km in NSW on a variety of roads, much of it intercity and suburban but some rural and remote. Above 100 km, the handling needs a great deal of concentration and its tendency to wander off course is not felt through the steering.This is most noticeable when in the wet and when overtaking trucks and in cross winds.Others have commented on this and like me have found that higher tyre pressures have helped --as long as the 2lb/c.in difference is maintained front to rear. I run at 40/38 lb/c.in as the best option. I would be interested to hear from others who experience this problem and to know if changing tyres, [mine are Michelin Energy, 165/90, 15in] or as somesuggest, going up to 16in rims. Is there a better handling package available? I already have the itech model with Dynamic Stability Control--perhaps this is the problem? Thanks Bruce

Reply to
Speedo

Probably not. There's been a great deal of discussion and advice about this in

(I think) can be searched without registering; and they can be Googled.

Personally I found the handling sensitive at first but got used to it pretty quickly.

Reply to
richard schumacher