Uploading telephone numbers from Motorola MPx220

Has anyone had experience trying to upload the telephone numbers from a Motorola MPx220 cell phone to the Prius hands-free system? I have had problems. The Prius manual suggests that an entire phone book can be transferred, but I can select only one number at a time in the MPx220 contact list. I have been successful in transferring a few contacts one at a time, but I've had problems even with that. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Many thanks.

Reply to
HH

The Prius can handle receiving multiple numbers at a time, but that phone model (and many other phones) can send only one number at a time. It's a limitation of the phone.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

How did you get the MPx220 to send a correct number? When I tried one contact at a time, the Prius received the contact name but instead of the phone number, it displays several vertical bars.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Karolak

The Prius will display all those vertical bars if you send over a telephone number with any of these three characters: ( )

-

So, you'll have to re-write your address book/contact list on your phone to just have the string of numbers, without the pretty ()- characters. Then it'll transfer over to the Prius correctly.

(There is a pause character that'll transfer properly, but I don't recall what that character is.)

Also note that the Prius will only take the first number entry for a name. So, be careful if that first entry is someone's fax number! If you have several numbers for one person, you'll want to separate them out into something like: John Doe H John Doe W John Doe C Instead of a home/work/cell number for your friend John Doe all in one name entry.

Reply to
mrv

I've tried editing the numbers, but Outlook has the phone number format (999) 999-9999 as a default that, at least I, can't seem to change.

Is there a way to change the Outlook format?

Reply to
Bob Karolak