Weirdness after car-wash

Took my Prius to the car wash today, after my car was washed, the Keyless Smart Start was broken. I had to place my key in the slot rather than leave it out and in the car like I always do. Any ideas offhand as to what could be causing this? Think it's related to the car wash or just a coincidence?

Granted that the remote lock/unlock works I'm not sure it has anything to do with my fob to car transmission but I am not a Mechanic. I'll take it to the dealer soon, but any thoughts offhand would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Gregory Harris snipped-for-privacy@codesweep.com

Reply to
Gregory Harris

There's a button on the dash underneath the steering wheel. When they washed the inside of the car, they must have pushed that button; it turns off Smart Start.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

And I think that it also gets turned off if you put the key into the slot. The way to fix it is to push the button; it's in the owner's manual. (I always have to look for it--it's pretty low.)

Julian C. Lander

Reply to
Julian C. Lander

No, putting the fob into the slot does not turn off smart start.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner