Where can I get a Package #4?

Here in Southern California, all of the dealers are remarkably consistent in claiming that they only see packages 1, 3, and 6 on the

2005 Prii (not sure of the plural here). Never a 4. Does anyone know if other regions get package 4's? If so, where? Is there some other way for me to get a 4?

Mark Adler

Reply to
Mark Adler

The local dealership gave me a couple of sheets for the northeast, showing "November Order / December Production / January Arrival".

They show the following packages with % of shipments none 5% #5 (AI) 5% #7 (AM) 30% #9 (BC) 20% #3 (BI) 40%

Packages #2 (AG) and #6 (BJ) did not show up on the delivery sheet. There was no package #4 shown.

The Prius brochure shows different packages and numbering: #1 = GY #2 = AG #3 = BI #4 = AM #5 = AI #6 = BC

So if your question was for package AM, they made up 83 out of 278 deliveries in the northeast in January at a MSRP of $23,490.

Colors were also broken down as percentages.

Al

Reply to
A Sherman

Yes, I do mean package AM. I didn't realize that the dealers had another numbering system. What I want is the stability control without having to pay $3000 for a GPS I don't need or want. The package #6 (BC) with the stability control and GPS (and some other things) is the most common here in Southern California.

Thanks for the info! At least I have hope since clearly they are being produced. Now, if I can find what I want somewhere more Western, I might go there and buy one.

mark

Reply to
Mark Adler

As far as I know, they don't. It looks like what we saw in the previous post included data for both the 2004 and 2005 models. In 2004, Toyota had nine Prius packages, but this year they cut that down to six.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

The photocopy I got from the dealer was entitled "2005 Prious Package Contents" but it contained a package BJ that no longer exists and some packages are numbered inconsistently. It could be an early copy made up from the 2004 list. The packages in the brochure are the same as the web page

The production tally show no shipments of packages #1 (GY) and #2 (AG).

Al

Reply to
A Sherman

At least here in Maine, I was able to get a blue 2005 AM package 3 weeks after I walked into the dealership. They have no problem getting this option level.

Reply to
TC Hazzard

I have 2 package 5 available. One salsa on the lot now, one white inbound next month. Both for MSRP and can ship anywhere on the country. I can get you a package 4 in most colors as well.

Trever Toyota West Statesville NC

74-872-2771
Reply to
toyotrever