"Who Killed the Electric Car?"

To appear at your local "Hollywood Video" 11-14-2006.

2102&LF=MB fwiw.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Our local theater, "Movies at the Mall," is one of the eight theaters where it is still playing. I think it's ironic the movie withered (total gross still under $1.7M) for the same reason the electric car did... lack of interest.

Technical qualities don't a success make. I was using OS2 Warp when Microsoft still offered Windows 3.1. It was so much better, but eventually I gave up and switched to Windows 95 when the drivers I wanted for OS2 just didn't appear. It wasn't a conspiracy; it was the market.

For perspective, the Prius isn't even the first of the modern production hybrids - remember the Insight. What the Prius had was "the whole package." I wouldn't have bought a 2-passenger coupe for $25K (now $19.3K, I guess). A five passenger hybrid for $20K, with the appointment level Toyota so cannily chose... absolutely.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

My wife and I got so worked up over the movie that we got 4 copies for our friends.

Dave

Reply to
DayOff53

watched the movie last month, bought a prius last wk. the dealership told me that tom hanks bought a scion xB and had it converted to totally electric for something like $75k.

bob

Reply to
bob

At what cost to his carbon footprint?

Those people are crazy. They don't know how to look at the big picture. They know only how to make an immediate statement.

If he truly cared, he wouldn't have spent the carbon footprint doing the conversion.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

the statement is the whole idea for people like hanks - and their statement, fortunately, carries a much longer shadow than the direct consequences of their actions..

for ex, al gore spent $30,000 in hiome energy bills in 2006 -- but his movie has changed a lot of minds, much more important, wouldn't you say?

bob

Reply to
bob