1990 rover metro 1.4 GTA squeeking noise

seems to be coming from behind the 2 front tyres when i bounce the car up an down anybody got any ideas please

Reply to
rich

Sounds like one of the hydraulastic displacers is squeaking, this can usually be rectified by depressurising the system (special tool needed, don't try it yourself) and removing the plunger and little spring from the end and liberally coating with grease. This will cure 95% of squeaks. I recommend you take it to a trusted garage, and they will probably only charge you for the labour as no parts are needed, apart from a little fluid maybe. If they say the unit is no good, which is rare unless it is leaking, (this is why the garage must be trustworthy) then new ones aren't too cheap I'm afraid.

Hope this helps, Al.

In message , rich writes

Reply to
Al