1999 Rover 600 Cambelt change due?

Hi, I have a '99 Rover 600 Auto. The car has done 37K miles and is coming up on 5 years old. I've had the car from new without any problems. Up till now always serviced at a Rover dealer but as it is a hassle (dealer is 25 miles away) I was intending using a local garage (not franchised) to carry out the

36K service. I was wondering if I need to get the cambelt changed? Also reading through this group there are numerous references to antifreeze changes. I'm uncertain as to whether my car has had a coolant change or not, any advice as to whether I should change it?

thanks,

David

Reply to
David

I think the cambelt shoud be changed because of it's age as much as anything else. It would be worth checking with the dealer but it's probably 40,000 or 4 years.

Antifreeze should have been changed every two years.

E-mail address, hopefully self-explanatory Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Thanks, Andy. Guess that's gonna cost me even more than I thought!

regards,

David

Reply to
David

On 07/10/2004 21:53:44, in alt.autos.rover, David licked his pencil and scribbled in message

Drive belts on the Honda 2.0l unit and a full service cost about £240 from a non franchise garage. Seems to be about the norm in these parts (N.Yorks)

I would not worry about changing the antifreeze, the pending radiator failure will sort that out (I seem to average 5 years with Rover rads ATM)

Reply to
M Pitt

Was quoted £220 yesterday. Radiator looks OK at present, other than slight corrosion at the top header,

regards,

David

Reply to
David

On 09/10/2004 14:35:10, in alt.autos.rover, David licked his pencil and scribbled in message

If the car has aircon, the radiator you see from the front of the car is the aircon heat exchanger. The engine radiator sits behind this and can be difficult to inspect with the fan housing and the like in place. So I was greatly bemused by the deluge of cooling that appeared from 'nowhere'. Round about 130 squids for a replacement flush and refill.

Mind you, I still think the car offers a lot for the cash.

Reply to
M Pitt

rover 600 cambelt renewal, regardless of 1.8, 2.0, or 2.3 litre models its 60,000 miles or 5 years whichever occurs first. labour times are as follows:

1.8 and 2.0 litre models (SOHC)...... 2.20 hours 2.0 Ti ...............................1.3 hours 2.3 models..........................2.5 hours

Steve. Oxford.

Reply to
someone