214i single point injection

My Rover failed it's MOT yesterday. :-( It failed on emmissions among a few other things. I was told that the single point injection system is adjustable for emmissions and can be turned down 0.5% at a time. Anyone know if this is true?

Reply to
gazzafield

"gazzafield" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

Haynes has no reference within the Fuel Injection section to adjustment of it for emissions.

There is an Emission Control System which states they are controlled by the catalytic converter and the engine management ECM module.

Perhaps your ECM may require checking out. That can be done for around £35.

The ECU Doctor is very good. This is worth a read.

Pet Parker

Yes it can IF it has no cat or a 2 way open loop cat, if it is closed loop

3way cat then it can not.
Reply to
nacional

Been away on holiday so my reply is a bit late. So, how's it done? The car has no cat.

Reply to
gazzafield

"gazzafield" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

mems can be adusted electronically via its serial interface

Reply to
nacional