214Sei Locking prob

Hi All,

Mother has a problem with the central locking on her 1995 sei (the old shape). It first happened yesterday when I went to lock it although the alarm light was flashing on the dash the doors didn't lock. Locked the doors manually but the remote wont open them. Oh I forgot to say that when the light was flashing on the dash and the doors remained unlocked I couldn't start the car because no matter what I did with the "blipper" the alarm light wouldn't go out! went back to the car next day and everything works fine again!! Just worried she's going to get stuck somewhere with it Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers for any help

Jess

Reply to
Jess

How old is the battery in the hand set?

May be on the way out!

In article , Jess writes

Martin Boast Contact me on Tel 01787 311 465

Reply to
Martin Boast

I have a 1994 SEi. Similar thing happend to me. The drivers door latch/lock is the master one for the other doors. Basicially it packed up and I had to have a new drivers door latch fitted. It was £60 supplied (second hand latch) and fitted & VAT.

Cheers Paul, Wakefield

Reply to
Paul

Thanks for that Paul, sounds like that may be the problem, the annoying/worrying thing is that it only happens occasionally which makes it difficult to pin down. I'll try and get hold of a master lock unit, do you know if they have to be programmed in to the ecu or is it simply a fit and use thingy.

Cheers Jess

Reply to
Jess

Sorry for the delay. As far as I nkow, no reporogramming of the ECU was required.

Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul