220 coupe

I've got a problem with the spark plugs overheating. By overheating, I mean when the sparkplugs are removed they have a white glow where it sparks. Motorway travel, seems to be okay and after, the car runs fine on urban routes for a couple of days after. However when the car has urban runs for more than a couple of days or when the engine is pushed to its limit, then I get the sparkplug overheating problem, which results in the usual jerking etc. I can replace the sparkplugs, but the problem returns within 2 months depending on the quality of the sparkplugs. 1 week in the most extreme case.

Back in the eighties with distributor timing, and contact gaps, I would check theses things first but I haven't a clue with this engine with its computer control. I don't have a Haynes manual so I don't know where to begin.

Anyone with sensible suggestions? BTW the sparkplugs are the correct ones for the engine

Reply to
Demure Guise

The problem has been sorted, it was due to a faulty distributor cap. Car is running fine with extra bhp

Reply to
Demure Guise