alarm problems with rover 420D

Hi group,

I have a 1996 Rover 420 with (at this moment) only 1 key and remote control (wich controls the immobiliser and the alarm)

now it looks like that remote is also broken and beacuse Ineeded the car I did the following:

opened the door with the key (alarm went off, i became crazy of the sound that the horn made)

closed the door again with the key, and opened it agian, alarm went off again.

same thing once more (just to be sure if the alarm is working :-)

now the alarm LED keeps on burning when de door is openened 9blinking when closed) and i can't immobilise the car ( I also tried the way as suggested in nthe manual with the key in the doorlock of the driver's door with the immobilising code, but this seems not to work.)

anyway, the alarm is nog going off anymore, but the car wont start as well, when i put the key in the ignition i get in beeping sound wich indicates that the car is still immobilized, normally you can remove the immobilisation with the remote, but this is not working anymore.

I think the car is "blocked"or something like that because i activated the alarm 3 times, so maybe I can reset this?? (just a wild guess)

anyone any idea on how to solve this??

thanks in advance !

kind regards

Herbert

Reply to
H.G. Zwartscholten

try replacing the batteries in the remote. they dont last forever. not unusual for these rover remotes to eat batteries every year. steve.

Reply to
someone