battery time again

i've got to put a new battery in my 416 si,prob is my plip has been broke for a couple of years now,so i dont use theimmobiliser ,only use key to lock. question is when i disconnect my old battery will this reset anything in the alarm system?i've got the radio code so thats no problem.i'm just a bit worried that it may rearm the immobiliser . any comments would be appreciated

Reply to
catkin

Borrow a spare battery and a set of jump leads - connect the leads to the spare battery and then to your car. disconnect your battery and carefully remove it and replace it with the new one. Connect everything back up again and take off the leads. Works a treat and no need for any codes or worrying about the ECU loosing its settings.....

Reply to
Andrew Murray