BOINGY SPRING

Rover 416 si have noticed recently when going round corners and when hitting a bump that one of my front suspension springs gives a loud ping.is this anything to worry about? car handles ok so i dont think anythings broken,but is it a sign of impending doom? just done the head gasket and belts and i dont think my card will take much more strain(especially christmas coming up)

Reply to
catkin

Check track rod end/bottom joint ...... not to expensive to replace, talking about £25 from a motor factor, but has the potential to put you off the road if you dont fix it!

Reply to
Thomas Henry

jack the car up on the corner that you think the noise is coming from and check the spring is intact and not broken, then check the bottom ball joints for wear / play, also check the anti roll bar links for wear or dislocation of the bushes. while jacked up grab the wheel at 3 and 9 oclock and pull side to side to check for any other play or movement in any of the other bushes or steering rack. finally if all looks ok then remove the jack and bounce that corner up and down and listen for any knocks in the shock absorber. regards. steve.

Reply to
anon

thanks all found it was the bottom ball joint

Reply to
catkin