Can you lock a Rover 214 manually?

My 1994 Rover 214Si has central locking, alarm and immobiliser. I've never had the keyfob so have always used the key in the drivers door to lock and alarm the car etc.

I need to know if there is a way to just lock the doors without arming the alarm & immobiliser, since the follwoing is now happening to me...

The alarm goes off everytime I unlock the dirvers door (and the other 3 doors don't open). Can't get it stopped until it stops after 30 secs. This happens 3 times and then I have to wait 10 mins to do the keycode trick with the key in the drivers door (as descrbed in the manual). This resets the alarm & immobiliser alright but next time I lock & unlock the car same thing happens again.

There must be a way to manually lock the doors without arming the alarm & immobiliser. I don't actually need them!

Can anyone help please? Thanks.

Reply to
jim