cd changer - retrofit

My 1999 Rover 75 has the basic radio head unit with a button marked CD. I bought it second hand and the dealer may have removed a previously fitted cd changer because:- 1. the radio code written in the handbook card has been changed, so the radio has been changed.

  1. The aerial lead was not plugged in to the back of the radio, and the walnut trim above the radio was found in the glovebox.

So, all you experts and geeks in cyberland, I have questions:- Q1. If the cd was in the boot, what are the telltale signs to look for , and is the linking cable part of the original wiring harness ie not removeable, or could the dealer have filched it too? Would it be worth his while to do so, and it may be worth adding that the plastic carpet edging trim by the passenger (Right Hand Drive car) door was not fixed down properly?

Q2. As above but glove box mounted, are there telltale screw holes and cables to show previous fitting?

Q3. What should I look for behind the radio itself?

Cheers...PJ

Reply to
Philip Jackson