Changing Dipped Headlight Bulb on V6 Rover 75

Help!! I thought this would be a five minute job something you would do in a Petrol station having found your headlight bulb had blown. Having read the handbook about having to remove a plastic plate from inside the wheel arch (this is the nearside headlight dipped bulb) I found access blocked by a piece of piping, which is not mentioned in the handbook, surprise!!. To say it's near impossible to get your hand through the wheel arch and just touch the rubber protective cover is an understatement, never mind get the bulb in or out. I then thought about removing the fuse box so I could attack the job from above, but theres not enough slack in the wiring to remove it. So, has anybody down this successfully and if they have how's it done. Regards

Reply to
Mike

I had the same problem, in a petrol station funnily enough. If it's the passenger side you're on about then I managed it by removing the screws holding that fuse-box on top of the wheel arch and pushing it back slightly. You can then do the bulb from above. I didn't read anything about this so I have no idea about removing the whell-arch liner and going from below, it seems a bit excessive though. If you want a fright have a look at the driver's side access to the bulb !!!!

Andy J.

Reply to
Andy J.

handbook,

Reply to
Mike

Mike Wrote:- changing a bulb should be a simple operation

It's a Rover !!!!!!! :-)

Andy J.

Reply to
Andy J.

Do you know how to change the Spark Plugs on a new XJ6?

ken

Reply to
Ken Forrest

access