Crappy locking wheel nuts

hi

can anyone offer advice on the removal of a worn locking nut??

I have the special keyed spanner but the nut is so worn that the damn spanner just slips off the nut at a silly angle!

I can see the lump hammer and an old socket coming into play here! lol

regards

vertuas

Reply to
Vertuas

thats your best bet. they're useless anyway. biggest waste of time there is. anyonne can get them off without too much effort. no point having em.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Beech

Rover dealers sell them for about £7-8 - they're not expensive though you will need to know the number stamped on the key. FWIW, the genuine Rover keys wear the roll pins inside and then slip on the nut, but it's the key that needs replacing.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis