Engine management light

Hi all, I have a Rover 400 sdt (desil turbo) N Reg 1996, the problem I have is with the amber engine management light coming on intermittently, which causes the engine to loose power, this normally happens when its cold.

When the engine is warm and I go on a long joinery there is no problem, the engine runs fine and the power is there.

I have been told so many things that be could be at fault with, The air flow meter sensor, the cat converter, but cat converter has been dealt with.

Does anybody on this NG have any ideas what this might be, and if so and idea on cost of parts?

Regards

Rob

Reply to
news.btinternet.com

Think you might find it's the other way around - the engine losing power causes the light to come on :)

There should be a fault code stored that will tell you which sensor is at fault, retrieving that could make things easier.

Reply to
Lordy

You need to read the fault-code from the engine, in order to find out what's wrong. It literally could be anything !

Reply to
Nom