exhaust emission mot faliure on J reg 214i

Hi all

Just failed my MOT on my exhaust emissions it reads CO at 4.75 it was fine last year . .but aint had it serviced this year and not changed the air filter in a year either.........

anybody got any ideas on what I should do for best.....

could it just be the air filter ? the guy at MOT centre said its running a bit rich and should be either air filter, or could be rover computer needs adjusment ..?

anyway thanks for any advice peeps

thanks

Reply to
Lee

Airfilter should do it and will cost pennies :)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Anderson

what do yer reckon

should I risk it for my free re-test changed my air filter.....

cya

Reply to
Lee

what do yer reckon

should I risk it for my free re-test changed my air filter.....

cya

Reply to
Lee

In message , Lee writes

I'd also stick a tin of fuel treatment in your fuel tank and take it for a good drive, give it plenty of revs to clear it out. You might also want to check/change your spark plugs, but the filter and fuel treatment should do it.

L8R

Reply to
Alan

Just a thought and I don't know if yours is the same as my 214SI was but there's a canister which contains active charcoal that is supposed to help emissions, could this be a probelm to?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Anderson