Guide to replacing head gasket?

Hello.

My headgasket is in dire need of replacement (the coolant is leaking between the head and the cylinders). Does anyone have a guide to doing this?

Reply to
Martin Petersen

wot model is it ?

Reply to
gffftftfuyguyt

I had this problem as well on a brand new cityrover. I was able to stop the leak with a leak pellet. If you have not trie dthis you mihgt want to before spending a lot of money.

Reply to
Michael Shannon

If you end up changing the gasket dont use a cheapie. Else you'll have it to do again in about 6 weeks. Personal experience. Costs a lot more in the long run Ian

Reply to
Ian Lowrie

gffftftfuyguyt (gffftftfuyguyt@hj;l';l'lj.com) skrev i dcdvmd$gju$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

Sorry. :)

Its a Rover 216SI from 1996. The K-series engine. What a stupid thing to forget. :(

Reply to
Martin Petersen

I'm in the process of replacing the head gasket on my rover 400 (1.6

Reply to
Arthur Rees

Arthur Rees ( snipped-for-privacy@lbarham.demon.co.uk) skrev i ddn48q$q5m$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk:

I have completed my task and sold the car. Thank you Haynes... Bye bye rover. Hello Peugeot. :)

Reply to
Martin Petersen

Reply to
Arthur Rees