H reg 214Si Camshaft oil seals.

I've got a slow oil leak on my rover, from the exhaust camshaft left hand oil seal. Anyway, I went to purchase one from local parts shop but they had to order one. I went to pick it up today and was told that the oil seals come in pairs and that the cost was £30 and some pence!

The seals are numbered OS828 (£7 something) and OS829 (£22 something). As far as I can tell I only need OS828 to fix the leak I have so OS829 is not needed. Was the shop assistant wrong to sell me both seals? I explained where the leak was in detail and took my Haynes manual to show him the exact location.

Even if I wanted to fit OS829 I cannot find out where it is supposed to go or even if it is for the 214Si.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb