Heater blower on Rover 416

The blower motor only works on 3&4, and then after a couple of minutes, it starts to slow down and then stops with a knoking sound and starts up later on to repeat the cycle. It wouldn't come on at all tonight. I need to sort it out soon as its a safety issue with the windows misting up as I drive along.

Thanks a lot. Garry

Reply to
garry parker

Exactly the same happens with my partner's 1995 414i. Thought it would be fairly easy to sort (eg dirt on switch) but now sounds more ominous. Anyone know how to get centre dash off?

Steven

Reply to
northernsoulie

Sounds line a faulty resistor pack. You have to take the lower dash apart, remove the radio first, then the gear centre tray (remove the knob), then the centre console should gently unclip. There are a few screws in odd places as well.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard