Help please! 200 series dashboard clock/radio display

Friend of mine has a 200 series with the clock/radio display mounted mid-dashboard.

Some of the digits do not appear and I'm wondering if this is a common fault - just replace it, or if the contacts running between the circuit board and the LCD module need cleaned.

I can get it out okay (haven't done it yet but I've poked at my own to find out how) but I don't want to disassemble the unit to discover it cannot be fixed.

All suggestions welcome - I haven't had any fun in a scrappy for many a year so it may be my last resort!

TIA

Keith

Reply to
Cotku

I've certainly cured partial calculator displays by cleaning up the contact pads, and there's no way to avoid dismantling it !

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

mines like that - it doesn't matter how many times I set it, I can see it clearly in the day but not at night - bulb seems to work on the opposite 12 hours that I want!

Gaynor

Reply to
Gaynor

you are reffering to the "backlight" which is a simple replacement operation,. i think the problem here is with the LCD display itself only displaying a few lines. in which case replace unless you are competent enough to strip the unit and check the LCD connections, if they are ok then the LCD itself is faulty and should be replaced.

Reply to
steve

Does seem to be a common fault. I saw partial failure of the clock in two

200 series cars that I went to see before I bought my current wheels (P-reg 214Si). Now my clock has failed too (about half of the final digit).

Will try cleaning contacts as suggested by another poster.

Reply to
Mr Greenstone