help to identify part

Hi this is a Rover Kensington ( metro type thing )

What is the following part and its use ? as you can see from the close up shot its seen better days and the centre wire is damaged.

- its location
- the part close up Can someone please help ?

Thanks Duncan

Reply to
Duncan Newell

It's a wirewound resistor, and in poor condition.

Not that Au Fait on Rover 100s. Might be part of the blower circuit or the ignition circuit, does the fan work? The reason I suggest fan is that from the photos the cables seem to dissapear back into the A piller and the car interior. I suggest you get hold of a Haynes maual for starters.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

As Paul says it's almost certainly the resistor that provides the three speeds on the heater blower.

From it's condition, I would think you only have full speed left :-{

Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Deffo the blower speed resistor, just had to change mine due to no 1 or 2 speed

Reply to
Thomas Edwards

This is the resistor for the heater fan inside the cabin, its function is to give you slower speeds on the fan. prone to burning out. easy to replace. Steve.

Reply to
anon

I dont suppose anyone knows its part number/value ? I can easy replace it myself, 3 wires by looks of it.

Just off this but same car...where is the thermostat ? its started to over heat every so often and water heats up and comes back out of its holder, im guess thermostat possibly...?

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan Newell

Try JGM100090 about 23.16 + Vat