Intermittent Fault Rover 45 Heated Rear Windows

I have an almost two year old Rover 45 that has had an intermittent fault with its heated rear windows since almost new.

It has been into two different main dealers over half a dozen times to rectify the fault.

The following are the symptoms:

- Heated rear windows fails to switch on, especially when cold. After driving for some distance it often starts to work, but then will then show the symptoms that I can not turn it of as the light stays on.

- The dealler has traced all wires to look for breaks and has not found one. Today they spent all day with the car and could not get it to fail, but it was faulty when I started the car first thing this morning.

This leads me to believe that it is related to something such as a relay sticking shut/open when cold.

I have left the car with them to try first thing in the tomorrow morning when cold

Has anyone come across this fault before?

Iain

Reply to
Iain

try checking the wires that go into the tailgate, they can go brittle after a while and opening and closing the tailgate regularly can cause them to break, however i wouldnt expect this from a 2 year old car.

Reply to
steve