mpg

Hi all, I'm getting 37mpg for urban commuting in my '96 414 (16v K-series) - does this seem about right? The engine's a bit grim-sounding (awful-sounding when cold - clacky / cammy & there's probably tappets in there too) but seems to pull well. 67,000 on the clock, hopefully genuine.

Also looking for a replacement heater fan resistor block as I & II settings don't work; does anyone know where I can order one? many thanks, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Fisher

I've had a 414 from new, 98 model

It has managed to achieve an average MPG over that time of 40 - though I live in a rural location so my driving is good for MPG

it's done over 60k now, and is starting to sound a little grim too, as you say, especially from cold

Paul

Reply to
BT Connect

I have a Rover Coupe 1.6 (k series engine) with 82k on the clock. Driven fairly hard, I get 36-38 Mpg (run to work with dual carriage way, country roads and a bit of stop start), on a long run I get much better (44 / 45 Mpg). Most of it is due to driving style, and how heavy your right foot is!

Mine sound fine when started, bit rattley (for less than a minute) if it is really cold or it hasn't been run for a few days - but I think this is normal for 16v engines with hydraulic tappets, but nothing too scary. I use

10w40 semi synthetic oil (Magnetec if it is offer) - believe this can help a rattley K-series. I also change the oil (and oil filter) every 6k - works for me :)

Reply to
Dan Q