MPG For MG ZTT Diesel Auto

Hello, does anyone here have an MG ZTT Diesel Automatic?

If so what mpg are you getting for around town use? Just bought one and seem to be getting 30-32 from it, mainly from the commute to and from work. It did quite well from Birmingham to Cornwall though. Just wondering if this is normal, or whether something may be wrong, like it requiring an oil change or something.

TIA,

Colin

Reply to
colin.steadman

this is regularly discussed extensively at mg rover org have a read of this

join us

Reply to
Keith

I've a Rover 75 CDTi auto. I reckon I get about 37 mpg driven at about 80mph everywhere!

I think the aircon knocks about 3 or 4 mpg off this, or is it my imagination? I'm sure consumption is better with non-supermarket (Morrison's) fuel.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Forrest

You reckon?

You're guessing though. Have you tried keeping a more comprehensive record?

It's possible that running the air conditioning will take ten percent, but it will depend on where you're driving it and what the outside air temperature is. The harder the system works, the more power it saps, the lower your consumption. The longer you're idling in traffic with the compressor running, the heavier the consumption penalty. On the motorway this time of year it will make very little difference.

Reply to
DervMan